Dan Sheehan Floor Coverings Ltd provides all our clients with the very best wood flooring options. Our high-quality wood floors come from renowned manufacturers around the world are precision engineered for quality, durability and ease of installation. All our wood flooring options add a flourish of style and sophistication to properties.
Our wood floors can be quickly installed and are a low maintenance flooring solution. From kitchens to restaurants, our wood floors can be quickly installed and effectively installed.
At Dan Sheehan Floor Coverings we supply and fit both laminate and engineered solid (semi-solid) flooring.
Engineered solids have a top layer of real wood and are on a birch multi-ply backing allowing them to be floated. They come in range of lengths, widths and finishes including lacquered, oiled and brushed & lacquered.
Laminate floors are a man-made product specifically made to be put down as floors and are therefore more durable. Technological advances mean the texture, look and finishes of the floors have become more realistic.
When choosing between a laminate and engineered wood some point to consider:
- Laminates are generally less expensive than engineered hard surface floors.
- Laminate floors are installed using a click fitting system and so are easier to install.
- There is a larger ranges of styles colours and textures available in a laminate floor.
- Laminates superior stain and in some laminates moisture-resistant surface coating allows for spills and other messes easier to handle. There is no requirement for laminates to be waxed, oiled or varnished.
- Engineered floors like laminates are suitable for floors with underfloor heating.
- As the top layer of an engineered wood is real wood, you will get the natural variation of wood in the product. No two planks will be the same.